Power cuts - then and now.


Image result for power cuts in 2009    

After a long time, I am posting a blog on this website. Nowadays I didn’t write daily blogs. The name told daily blogs but my posts were not daily. What to do I am not getting any content.

When was the last time you experienced a power cut?  weird question right……Nowadays there are no power cuts as we have 24 hours power. Sometimes there will be power cuts but what do we do at that time. Yeah right, we use phones or laptops. We don’t even go out of the house, if in my house there is power cut then I play COC or patch games or listen to Avicii’s songs. I think most people do the same. Some may read books and some may do bhajans.


This question arrived when I was watching “cubicles”. Then I started thinking about the power cuts. And then came to conclusions that I should blog about my experience. That how we used to play outside with friends when there was a power cut.


Many of us play now also but on mobile. We just spend time with our lover who is none other than PUBG. Or else we chat with people on WhatsApp. So, because of those habits, we have over gained weights. And we started to become lazy. But it’s not today's subject. Let’s talk about that later but now we will start my story that how I spent time when there were power cuts.



Let’s go back to 10 years ago,

We lived in a rented house in Renuka Nagar. There were many houses in our line. And there were many friends. I was going to ST’ANNS SCHOOL, where I studied till the 4th standard. At that time there were more power cuts, like daily power would go at 7 pm. All aunties would sit in front of my friend Shambhu’s house there was a small bench-like structure. And all children would come out at that time to play, as everyone would complete all studies by that time. As it was a daily routine, we used to play till 9-10pm I guess.


We used to start with “stop” or 10-20, in which one will count till 10, 20, 30………...100 and all others would hide. As there was no power, we used to get more fun. The game would be very tough. We were about 10-20 children. I don’t remember all names but some are like this Shambhu, Nikhil, Sindhu di, Akshata di, Asha Akka, Neeta, me, my sister, there were many but I can't recall. Sorry about that. If I meet them again then I will repost this post with all names.
This was my story on the power cut. 


And I know everyone has one a story of their childhood, but now we can’t play because we have become adults. The main reason is we don’t unite now because of our studies. Of them with whom I played when I was small, now many are working and some are pursuing higher studies. So, no time to meet any. We just chat in WhatsApp.


And one fine day we meet in someone’s marriage if they invite. Or else we remember the childhood days when we get children. When we see them play, we will remember our childhood.


Some games we played when there was a power cut in the morning:

1. Ottap (basically played by throwing stones)

2. Kunta pille (played by drawing 8 boxes with chalk)

3. 10-20 or stop or ice-spice (one count's numbers and other go and hide then he should find them)

4. Ice-water (one person catches the other and says ice and the remaining people should revive him – like when we get knocked in PUBG and our team members revive us.)

5. Lagori (its most famous game by the way)

MEDITATION,

            Now let’s come to power cuts. Many people answered when I asked these questions. Like some said that they will light a candle and some said they will sleep. Some asked why are you asking it now. But most didn’t answer the question.

                                         When there is power cut just sit down in Padmasana and close your eyes. And think what if there was no power? What would happen? Where there be another energy to start the devices which we use now? Just think about these questions. I thought of doing it from next time. Let’s see what answers will I get.
Many say we must meditate in darkness so we will have full concentration. Just burn a candle and sit in front of it till you feel like you see light in front of you.

             On 11th January in our college we celebrated swami Vivekananda Jayanti. But some of our classmates argued with our IFS lecturer. Then she asked them some questions like do they meditate daily? How to meditate? How much time do they meditate? I was surprised by the answers that many of us didn’t do meditation. India was the country that thought yoga and meditation to the world but we Indians don’t follow it in the modern world. Very sad to say but it’s true.


Thank you for reading my blogs and investing your precious time in gaining some knowledge.


I hope you liked the blog, if you liked then share it with your friend

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Difference between enjoying today and destroying tommorow

Science and Scientific Reason behind Indian Tradition and Culture-PART-3

Life is limited!!